Once you’ve explored our inventory, taken a few test drives, and made your final vehicle choice, it’s time to move onto the financing process. Just like choosing the ideal vehicle, financing offers many options for drivers to consider.
One of these options is Buy Here, Pay Here (BHPH) financing. To learn all about this form of financing and its benefits, Dartmouth Nissan has provided this informative Buy Here, Pay Here article.
Keep reading to discover how BHPH can help drivers throughout Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Fall River today.
What is Buy Here, Pay Here?
If you’re not familiar with Buy Here, Pay Here financing, we’ve got you covered. Let’s go over the basics. Typically, a vehicle is purchased through the help of a loan. This loan most likely comes from third-party lenders. With BHPH financing, however, you can develop a car loan contract with the dealership as your lender.
Why does this matter? Well, when it’s time to make loan payments down the road, they’ll all be made directly at the dealership as opposed to a bank or credit union. Many drivers find this appealing, but as with any major decisions, it doesn’t come without its set of drawbacks.
What are the benefits and drawbacks? Keep reading to find out!
Pros & Cons of Buy Here, Pay Here
In order to decide if BHPH financing is right for you, it’s important to know the benefits and drawbacks. Here’s where we’ll delve into both the pros and cons of BHPH.
First up, the benefits:
- Improve Your Credit Score: With BHPH financing, payments made on-time can help to repair your credit score. Just keep in mind that BHPH dealers often send payment history reports to the credit bureau.
- Payment Flexibility: Many dealerships offer a range of payment scheduling options. They may even allow you to choose between monthly or bi-weekly payments, too.
- Trade-In Value: BHPH dealers are likely to accept older cars towards the down payment of your new car, making it easier to trade in your current vehicle.
Now, the drawbacks:
- Smaller Vehicle Inventory: BHPH financing may limit the vehicles that are available for drivers to purchase. While you’ll still receive great options, your selection might be smaller than those who use other financing methods.
- Higher Interest Rates: With BHPH, the dealer will secure a loan without looking at your credit history. This could lead to higher interest rates than traditional financing procedures.
How Our Finance Team Can Help
When it comes to automotive financing, you can trust our team of financial experts to have your back. They’ll work alongside you to help develop the ideal payment plan for your needs and lifestyle, answering any questions that may arise along the way.
Furthermore, our website offers several financing resources and tools for drivers to take advantage of. Use our trade value tool to receive an estimated worth of your current vehicle. It’s super easy and accessible anytime and anywhere. Be sure to check it out!
Begin Financing Your Next Vehicle Today
The goal at our Nissan dealership is to ensure each customer leaves our lot with full confidence in their payment decisions. Now that you’re more informed of your payment options, including BHPH financing, it’s time to get started!
Shoppers throughout the Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Fall River areas can begin by stopping by our dealership today. We look forward to working with you!